|About Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolor
Daniel Smith is truly the worldwide leader of watercolors for artists with 250+ beautiful colors in the 15ml watercolor tubes, the most of any manufacturer, and 88 of the most popular colors in 5ml watercolor tubes. Many are traditional colors relied upon by all artists, and there are many “truly unique” colors made only by Daniel Smith that have become so important to watercolor artists.
- Quinacridone Watercolors, Daniel Smith was the first manufacturer to use the high-performance Quinacridone pigments for artists paints. Quinacridone pigments were developed for the automotive industry which requires extremely lightfast and durable paints. The Quins are known for their brilliant color and for their luminous transparency which make them wonderful for watercolors.
- PrimaTek Watercolors are made from minerals, often semi precious minerals, that have been ground into pigments, mixed with gum arabic (the binder) and milled into PrimaTek Watercolors. The first was Lapis Lazuli Genuine in 1998, since then, many more have been added such as Amethyst Genuine, Piemontite Genuine and Serpentine Genuine. Most of these colors have wonderful granulating effects that some artists have called “magical”.
- Luminescent Watercolors have special optical effects perfect for subjects that have a sparkle, sheen, or reflective glow like the iridescence of hummingbird feathers or the sheen of metals.
- Cadmium Hues, Daniel Smith has developed safe and vibrant Cadmium Hues with the density and richness of cadmium colors without the cadmium pigment. Virtually identical in color to their namesakes, they are cleaner in mixtures and much stronger in tints. The working properties – staining power, semi-transparency and excellent lightfastness – are nearly identical to those of the low-soluble cadmium colors Daniel Smith previously manufactured.
|About hand poured watercolor half pan
Following in the DANIEL SMITH Tradition of manufacturing the finest, handcrafted paints and products, our pans are HAND POURED. Hand Pouring pans is incredibly labor intensive and offers the purest form of professional watercolor half pans. It takes 3 to 4 pours over a period of several months of drying to produce each half pan of DANIEL SMITH Watercolor.
• Hand Crafted
• MADE IN USA
• Professional Artists Quality Watercolors. DANIEL SMITH uses the exact same formula for both tube and pan colors
• Finest pigments
• Highest pigment load
• Re-wets quickly
• Exceptional Lightfast Pigments
• 37 colors available throughout the 6 select sets
• New color (available in a half pan only) Jane’s Grey
|Colors of Inspiration
• Artists are excited by color and find themselves inspired by new, juicy colors which is exactly what our Colors of Inspiration Half Pan Set is designed to do
• These six unusual colors, found only in DANIEL SMITH Watercolors, are gorgeous colors on their own, as mixers with one another, and mixed with the other colors on your palette. These colors have become favorites of many artists because they are unique colors, and add a touch of wonderful color to their paintings.
Rose of Ultramarine*
Serpentine Genuine* (PrimaTek Watercolor)
|Floral – Cottage Gardens
• Bright and colorful is how most people would describe flowers and our Floral – Cottage Gardens to Botanicals Half Pan Set embraces that description!
• These vivid colors were selected by artists for their wide mixing range to capture the floral world both naturalistic and fanciful. The set includes two unusual granulating greens, Cascade Green and Green Apatite Genuine, both unique to DANIEL SMITH, which add fabulous texture for framing flowers with foliage beyond a basic mix of yellow and blue. These six colors are just the start of your creative journey as you mix these with your other palette colors!
Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue
Phthalo Blue (Green Shade)
Green Apatite Genuine* (PrimaTek Watercolor)
• This set has 1 unique* DANIEL SMITH color plus 5 faithful colors, all easily carried for chronicling the places you encounter, and capturing them as illustrated memories. Where will these colors take you?
• “This Sketcher set contains a primary triad for mixing bright colours and an earth triad which makes the creation of browns and muted colours quicker and easier. Limiting your palette to only six colours helps you master colour mixing and also allows for expansion down the road to suit your own colour preferences and favorite subjects” -Liz Steel.
Hansa Yellow Medium
Cerulean Blue, Chromium
Monte Amiata Natural Sienna*
Transparent Red Oxide